Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) Youth Health
Working with Young People with Alcohol & Other Drug Issues
10 September 2019, 9.00am-4.30pm
Room 29, Level 3, Western Sydney University Clinic School, Off Marcel Cres, Blacktown
Cost: Free. Light refreshments provided. BYO lunch.
- Build awareness of the context of AOD use for young people
- Increase awareness of the influence of personal values in working with young people
- Increase knowledge of possible intervention strategies
- Improve understanding of the ‘Stages of Change’ Model
- Improve participants’ confidence in using techniques from Motivational Interviewing
Note: This is introductory training for those working with young people and therefore may not be suitable for those who work in the Alcohol and Other Drugs sector or those who have AOD qualifications.
Registrations: by 27 August.
Contact: Sarah-Jane, 9881 1230 or [email protected]