City of Parramatta - Community Capacity Building Team
Understanding LGBTIQ Relationships & Abuse
31 August-1 September 2020, 9.00am-5.00pm
City of Parramatta Council Training Rooms, Level 2, 2 Fitzwilliam St, Parramatta
This training aims to increase your knowledge and understanding about Parramatta’s diverse and vibrant communities. It will also assist you to improve the your practice by providing you with a deeper understanding of domestic and family violence (DFV) and sexual assault in LGBTIQ relationships.
Some topics covered in the training will be:
- The difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
- Working with CALD, LGBTI communities
- Implementing LGBTI Inclusive practice, in your work and within the organisation
- Prevalence of Intimate partner violence, family violence and sexual assault
- How Myths, Rape Culture and Unconscious bias, impact our practice and how we can overcome them
- What is Best practice?
The training is delivered by ACON, an industry leader in LGBTIQ health services.
Contact: Sharmila Falzon, 9806 5234 or [email protected]