City of Parramatta Council
LGBTI Inclusive Practice
29 May 2019, 9.00am-5.00pm
Holiday Inn Parramatta, 18-40 Anderson St, Parramatta
The training will increase your knowledge and skills to make your practice more LGBTI inclusive.
Topics covered in this training will be:
- Who are the LGBTI communities?
- What is the difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression?
- Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI people, including intersectionality between LGBTI and CALD
- Understanding the health impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- Best practice for LGBTI inclusion
- Implementing inclusive practice in day to day interactions
- Understanding the importance of organisational change
- Useful tips to increase inclusive service provision
- Experiential activities, role plays and scenarios