The results and findings from the Greater Sydney Outdoors Study will be used for future work in the provision of outdoor recreation areas. This study will be shared with local councils to help inform their recreation planning, as well as with other government bodies to assist with policy and guideline development.
What Western City District residents would like to see:
- More open spaces in the local area to help increase participation in outdoor recreation.
- Open spaces that help build a greater sense of community.
- Higher quality parks, with good facilities.
- Improvements to walking and cycling networks to enable getting around without a car.
- Protecting existing open spaces and other recreational areas for future communities.
- More opportunities for swimming and water-based activities in the local area.
- Open spaces that feel safe and have multiple uses.