The 2021 CA WestWords Western Sydney Emerging Writers Fellowships offers three Fellowships of $4,000 each to emerging* writers from the Greater Western Sydney region. The Fellowships are open to emerging writers working in genres including fiction, non-fiction, journalism, poetry and song lyrics, writing for performance, writing online or new media and other forms of creative writing. One of the Fellowships will be granted to an emerging writer specifically writing for children and/or young people. Illustrators with a demonstrated interest in the narrative through visual media may also apply. As part of your Fellowship, you will receive a tailored program of mentorship.
There are three parts to each Fellowship:
- Development of your work as a writer
- Mentorship opportunities
- Working with young people in western Sydney
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a strong and/or recent connection to the Greater Western Sydney region.
- have been born and raised in Greater Western Sydney
- have lived in Greater Western Sydney for more than 2 years
- have worked in the region for a substantial length of time and within the past 5 years
* Emerging is defined as in the first five years of their practice as a writer.
Applications close: 16 August 2021.