The Wettenhall Environment Trust provides support for people undertaking projects that will make a positive difference to the natural living environment, in land, sea or air, rural or urban. They support grassroots organisations and individuals, and academics who are working with on-ground community groups.
They are looking for projects about flora and fauna conservation around Australia. These projects should involve any of the following:
- monitoring, recording and sharing data
- delivering community education
- providing community capacity building (e.g. training)
- research and science
Grants are usually under $10,000, but can be bigger.
The Trust funds:
- Projects that directly make positive changes to biodiversity conservation in Australia.
- Projects should have some short term outputs, but also have long term objectives and values.
- Projects that show the following: enthusiasm, collaboration, passion, innovation
- Projects that use citizen science
- Projects that are about community education relating to conservation
- They can fund equipment, wages, travel or what is essential to you carrying out the project.
- 1 December 2021 (funding released February 2022)
- 1 April 2022 (funding released May 2022)
- 1 July 2022 (funding released August 2022)
- 1 October 2022 (funding released November 2022)
- 1 December 2022 (funding released February 2023)
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News