The Australian Government is inviting organisations through an open, non-competitive process to apply for grant funding under the Veteran and Community Grants Program from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020. The objective of the program is to maintain and improve the independence and quality of life for members of the Australian veteran community by providing funding for projects that sustain or enhance health and wellbeing.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- Deliver projects that are sustainable, financially viable and have an ongoing benefit for members of the Australian veteran community; and
- Deliver projects that increase opportunities for members of the Australian veteran community, associated with social activity and community participation and/or improve health behaviours and support healthy places.
Batching of assessment of applications
The Hub will divide the assessment of applications into four batches. Each batch will contain applications that have been submitted for the grant opportunity over a three month period. Cut-off dates for all four batches:
- Batch 1 - Applications submitted by: 6 June 2019
- Batch 2 - Applications submitted by: 29 August 2019
- Batch 3 - Applications submitted by: 28 November 2019
- Batch 4 - Applications submitted by: 27 February 2020
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- Unincorporated Association
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities. Lead organisations of a consortium and Trustees must also be an eligible entity as per the list above.