The Australian Department of Home Affairs' Safer Communities Fund Round 5 Infrastructure Grants provide schools and pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils with grants of up to $1 million for crime prevention initiatives aimed at reducing crime, violence, anti-social behaviour and/or other security risks driven by racial and/or religious intolerance.
Project activities can include:
- Infrastructure activities, such as installing:
- fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- security lighting
- fencing and gates
- external blast walls and windows
- security and alarm systems
- public address systems
- intercoms and swipe access.
- Employing or hiring security guards, licensed by the relevant state or territory agency, for schools or preschools.
The minimum grant amount is $10,000.
The maximum grant amount per location or school campus is $500,000.
The maximum grant amount per organisation is $1 million.
The grant will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
The maximum grant period is 36 months.
Projects must be completed by 30 June 2023.
Applications close: 10 December 2019