This Pride Foundation Australia (PFA) & Sidney Myer Fund grant round will focus on supporting LGBTQIA+ refugees and people seeking asylum. They encourage projects that are collaborations between refugee and asylum seeker agencies or groups and LGBTQIA+ agencies or groups.
Where an LGBTIQ+ refugee-led group is partnering with another organisation we encourage equal partnerships and co-design. One of the organisations/groups must have DGR status. Projects should aim to assist LGBTQIA+ people who are refugees or seeking asylum in any of the following areas:
- Improving access to stable housing,
- Enhancing education and/or workforce participation
- Enhancing support for community connection and improving settlement outcomes
- Improving health and/or health literacy
- Supporting links to LGBTIQ services and supports
- Enhancing cultural engagement and development
- Improving LGBTQIA+ inclusive practice in services.
Projects may have a duration of up to two years and include any of the following:
- Community development, or
- Education initiatives, or
- Applied, community-led research with tangible outcomes in the field, or
- Events including arts and cultural or conferences.
Expressions of Interest close: Monday, 14 March 2022, 5.00pm. Those short listed will be advised by 1 April and will be invited to submit a full application.
Contact: Rhonda Brown, 0419 309 540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News