The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is inviting applications in an open competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Individual Capacity Building Program from 2020-21 to 2021-22. The Program aims to ensure:
- People with disability have the skills and confidence to participate and contribute to the community and protect their rights through an increase in:
- skills and capacity
- motivation, confidence and empowerment to act
- participation and contribution to community.
- Disabled Peoples Organisations (DPOs) and Families Organisations (FOs) are strengthened in their capability to deliver services for people with a disability through:
- improving the organisation’s capacity and ability to deliver the organisation’s mission and Information, Linkages and Capacity Building in the community.
The National Disability Insurance Agency can only provide funding to an organisation that is a legal entity.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), or be willing to obtain one prior to the execution of the grant agreement
- be registered, or willing to register for the purposes of GST if your income turnover as a result of a successful grant will exceed the threshold defined by the Australian Tax Office
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- have public liability insurance cover for the duration of the project.
You must also be one of the following legal entity types:
- a Company
- an Incorporated Association
- an Indigenous Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
- a Cooperative
- a Local Government entity, only as an auspicor of a Disabled Peoples Organisation or Family Organisation.
- a Corporate State or Territory Entity, only as an auspicor of a Disabled Peoples Organisation or Family Organisation.
Non-legal entities, such as unincorporated associations, may apply through an auspice arrangement with another organisation if the lead organisation is an eligible legal entity.
Applications close: 22 April 2020