The Australian Government is inviting applications via an open competitive process to apply to deliver ILC grant activities under Outcome 1.2 – Community Inclusion and Capacity Development Grants nationally for up to three years from 2019-20. It is the aim of this MCB grant round to fund activities that will enable:
- people with disability to use and benefit from the same mainstream health services as everyone else
- improved access and utilisation of mainstream health services where mainstream supports available.
The grant opportunity can fund activities that align with the following ILC activity type:
Mainstream Capacity Building (MCB) - these are activities that build the capacity of mainstream organisations (in this case Health organisations), by making sure they have the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of people with disability.
The intended outcomes of the MCB activities are:
- increased understanding of mainstream personnel about disability and inclusion
- improved inclusive, relevant, high quality health services
- improved individual attitudes and service culture in the health service system
The NDIA encourages applications that focus on these ‘ILC Priority Cohort Groups’:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- CALD communities
- LGBTIQA+ Cohorts
- Rural/Remote communities.
Applications close: 21 October 2019.
Contact: 1800 020 283 or [email protected] (quoting 2019-3389 – Mainstream Capacity Building (MCB) Grant Round 2019-2020).