The Harvard Club of Australia (HCA), in partnership with the Australian Scholarships Foundation (ASF), is pleased to once again support not-for-profit leaders with an opportunity to study at Harvard Business School in the United States. HCA is offering two Fellowships to attend a highly regarded six-day course, Strategic Perspectives in Nonprofit Management (SPNM), in July 2020 at the Harvard Business School.
The course will assist participants to examine their missions, develop new strategies and improve the effectiveness of their organisations.
Who Should Attend: Nonprofit executive directors and chief executive officers who are responsible for shaping the direction, mission, policies, and major programs of their organisations - and who have been in their current role for at least one year by the program start date. Participating organisations must be public-serving nonprofits, fully operational, and out of the start-up phase; they typically have operating budgets in excess of A$1.5 million.
The award of A$12,500 each covers the course fees, accommodation, meals and travel to/from Boston. HCA also encourage Fellows to visit kindred organisations while in North America.
Applicants for the 2020 Fellowships must:
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Be the full-time CEO of their organisation
- Have been in the CEO role for at least 12 months before applying
- Be committed to full-time attendance at this year’s SPNM course, to live on campus and to arrive no later than 11 July 2020 (course dates are 12-18 July 2020)
- Have not previously attended this or any similar course at Harvard
- Attend the Harvard Club’s Awards event to be held in Sydney on 18 May 2020, at noon
The applicant must lead a not-for-profit organisation that:
- Has at least 5 full-time employees and an operating budget greater than A$1.5 million
- Directly serves the Australian community and is not principally a fundraising, advocacy or coordinating entity
- Has a functioning Board of Directors; is audited and produces an Annual Report
- Meets the Australian definition of a Nonprofit, with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status
Applications close: 4 February 2020