Groundswell is a giving circle created in response to the climate crisis, accelerating action and supporting solutions by funding high-impact climate advocacy in Australia. The remaining 2021 funding rounds focus on both project and core funding for climate advocacy.
Groundswell are interested in funding organisations tackling the climate crisis who:
- Build the movement – activate new and strategic demographics or sectors to get involved in tackling the climate crisis;
- Change the story – build urgency for stronger action from trusted voices in our community;
- Shift the money – dry up the pipeline of funding to fossil fuel companies;
- Change the politics – enable greater leadership within state and federal Governments.
Grants can only be made to Deductible Gift Recipient 1 entities, or organisations that have a partnership agreement with a DGR1 entity.
Small to medium sized organisations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Round opening and closing dates:
- Round 2 (project funding) opens: 30 April; closes: 31 May.
- Round 3 (core funding) opens: 30 June; closes: 30 July.
- Round 4 (project funding) opens: 2 September; closes: 18 October.
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News