Create NSW's Creative Koori Projects funding is available only to Aboriginal artists, arts and cultural workers, groups and organisations. It aims to support a strong, resilient and exciting Aboriginal arts and cultural sector for NSW. This will be done by embracing the principles of Aboriginal self-determination and putting Aboriginal artists, arts/cultural workers, organisations and communities at the centre of funded cultural and creative activity.
Funding may be requested for a range of activities including but not limited to:
- NSW Aboriginal cultural development including projects that focus on cultural revitalisation and passing on cultural creative practices and knowledge between generations.
- Contemporary practice that explores new ways of cultural and creative expression. This can include the creation of new work and practice-based research or experimentation.
- Sharing NSW Aboriginal culture through productions, exhibitions, performances, publishing or recording, touring and festivals. This can also include projects that foster collaboration or partnerships with others and market/audience development activity.
- Promoting NSW Aboriginal culture through promotion and marketing activities.
- Strengthening the NSW Aboriginal arts and cultural sector through a wide range of activities such as:
- creation of employment pathways for Aboriginal artists
- professional development for Aboriginal individuals, groups and organisations
- conservation and/or development of Aboriginal collections and archives of cultural material.
The maximum amount of funding that you can apply for is $60,000.
Round 1: opens 8 July 2021; closes 18 August 2021.
Round 2: opens 6 December 2021; closes 31 January 2022.
Contact: 8289 6520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News