The Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund offers grants to leading organisations for projects that deliver exceptional opportunities for Australian writers, journalists, editors, English and literacy teachers, visual artists and key industry stakeholders in the writing, publishing, education, and visual arts sectors.
The Cultural Fund encourages potential applicants to create opportunities for writers and visual artists at all career stages.
The priority is to support projects that will provide sustained and realistic support to writers and visual artists and to encourage greater audiences for their work.
They also offer grants to leading national writing organisations to build literacy skills for children and young adults and to encourage reading at all levels, and they are particularly interested in supporting partnerships with key industry organisations to raise the profile of writing and writers.
For visual arts organisations, the priority is to support opportunities for Australian artists to create new work; for professional development; and to raise the profile of the artist.
Grants range from $5,000 to $20,000 per project/year.
Who can apply:
- Legally constituted organisations and incorporated associations may apply.
- If applying as a University, only one application from the University may be submitted per round.
- Individuals or sole traders are not eligible to apply for these grants. Please see their Grants for Individuals.
- Applicants may submit only one application per round to the Cultural Fund.
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants to be eligible to apply for further funding.
Applications close: 12 June 2020
Contact: [email protected]