The Copyright Agency Cultural Fund offers grants to leading organisations for projects that deliver exceptional opportunities for Australian writers, journalists, editors, English and literacy teachers, visual artists and key industry stakeholders in the writing, publishing, education, and visual arts sectors.
With these grants for organisations, the aim is to support members and key industry stakeholders to create, award, present, publish, and to offer significant professional development and career sustaining opportunities for writers, visual artists and publishers.
The Cultural Fund encourages potential applicants to create opportunities for writers and visual artists at all career stages.
The priority is to support projects that will provide sustained and realistic support to writers and visual artists and to encourage greater audiences for their work.
The Fund also offers grants to leading national writing organisations to build literacy skills for children and young adults and to encourage reading at all levels, and they are particularly interested in supporting partnerships with key industry organisations to raise the profile of writing and writers.
In most cases, the Cultural Fund’s grants for organisations are for a single project for up to a year; however, in some instances funding for three years may be approved.
Who can apply:
- Legally constituted organisations and incorporated associations may apply.
- If applying as a University, only one application from the University may be submitted per round. You should confirm this before applying.
- Individuals or sole traders are not eligible to apply for these grants. Please see our Grants for Individuals.
- Applicants may submit only one application per round to the Cultural Fund.
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants to be eligible to apply for further funding.
Round 1 closes: 26 April 2021.
Round 2 closes: 11 October 2021.
Contact: [email protected]
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News