The COVID-19 Arts Sustainability Fund aims to provide 'last resort' funding assistance to significant Australian Government funded arts organisations that are assessed to be at imminent risk of insolvency as a direct result of COVID-19, having taken all reasonable action to maintain their financial position.
The program is intended to assist by providing the necessary finance to plan a pathway for recovery from the effects of COVID-19. This will support employment of workers (including in interdependent industries such as hospitality, retail, accommodation, transport and freight) and contribute to rebuilding Australia’s economy, as well as enhancing community wellbeing and access to cultural experiences across Australia.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- significant Commonwealth-funded performing arts and culture organisations remain solvent; and
- Australian communities continue to benefit from the work of significant Commonwealth-funded organisations as the key employers of Australian artists and art workers, leading presenters of high-quality work and as the trainers of Australia’s upcoming performing artists.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be:
- currently party to, or due to enter into, a multi-year funding agreement with the Australian Government, either through the Australia Council or the Office for the Arts in the Departmentunder one or more of the following programs:
- National Performing Arts Partnership Framework
- Four Year Funding Program 2021-24
- Four Year Funding Program 2017-20
- Visual Arts and Craft Strategy 2016-21
- Cultural Development Program for the National Performing Arts Training Organisations
An organisation is not eligible to apply if it is:
- a statutory body under Commonwealth, state or territory legislation, including but not limited to national cultural institutions and performing arts companies;
- an arts organisation with a one-off, project, annual or multi-year funding agreement with the Australian Government, either through the Australia Council or the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications, under any program or initiative not listed above.
Applications close: 31 May 2021.
Contact: 6271 7695 or [email protected]
Get the latest funding opportunities in your Inbox: Subscribe to Funding e-News