Education Centre Against Violence (ECAV)
Working Therapeutically with Children & Young People Who Have Experienced Child Sexual Assault
4-6 November 2019
Cost: NSW Health participants $80; Interagency workers (government & non-government) $180; Private practitioners & interstate participants $300
This 3 day course builds upon a basic understanding of child sexual assault. Theoretical concepts are transformed into skills based practice, enhancing worker competence and enriching intervention. The counselling process is explored in depth, creating new and different ways of assisting children and young people to move away from the effects of sexual assault.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the profile of child sexual assault in terms of definition, prevalence, who the victims are and when and where it occurs.
- Identify the process and strategies that offenders use to engage and maintain children in sexually abusive situations and the impact this has on disclosure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of sexual assault.
- Identify and implement interventions and strategies that are helpful to the child, young person and non-offending family members.
- Describe the legal and policy requirements in responding to child sexual assault.
Contact: Amanda Boyd, [email protected]