Autism Advisory and Support Service are growing our allied health team to meet the demands in the community.
Located in: Liverpool.
Award Classification: Health Professional and Supports Services Award 2010. All conditions are in accordance with or above the award.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus superannuation, extra paid leave p.a., generous salary packaging is available.
Position Purpose: To provide professional occupational therapy services to children with autism spectrum disorders and their families.
AASS is an autism service which has a transdisciplinary team of therapists.
We provide flexible working hours, training and professional supervision opportunities.
We are innovative and practical in our approach to providing support and in our work practices.
It is our dedication to the organisation and our commitment to continuously improving our processes and workflows, as well as ourselves as individuals, which keeps our culture vibrant & energetic.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct assessments
- Develop and implement evidence based therapy for children and young adults with autism spectrum disorders
- Work as part of a team dedicated to delivering high quality support to children and young adults and their families
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team and be given opportunities to grow with the organisation
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary Degree in Occupational Therapy;
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Eligible for Medicare as an Occupational Therapist;
- Preferably at least 3 years post graduate experience ideally within a community setting would be desirable;
- Previous experience working with individuals living with Autism Spectrum Disorder also desirable;
- Experience working with sensory issues in children and young adults with autism would be desirable;
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to manage your workload and work autonomously with clinical supervision;
- Current Australian driving licence and access to a car;
- A team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Self-sufficient, able to take ownership of the role
- Quick learner, keen to adopt new systems and technology
- Keen eye for improving processes and work flows
- Clear open and transparent communicator
- Celebrate success, strive for excellence and continuous improvement
If you thrive in this type of environment, are enthusiastic and committed to going above and beyond for our clients we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to [email protected]