Centre for Community Welfare Training (CCWT)
Effective Casework & Case Management
24-25 June 2019, 9.30am-4.30pm
Case management is the primary way for providing support to individuals and families across the community services sector. Even workers who do not technically have a case management role benefit from a case management approach to their work and from using case management skills and strategies.
Learn the fundamentals of contemporary, strengths-based case management, develop skills including engaging, assessing, planning, facilitating appropriate referrals and working in partnership with individuals/families and other agencies to implement their plan. Take away a variety of useful tools to support you to be creative and person centred.
You will learn to:
- Identify the elements of case management relevant to your field of work and apply them to case management with an individual or family
- Conduct a strengths-based assessment and develop a case/support plan with an individual or family
- Facilitate and support appropriate referrals to other agencies
- Work in partnership with individuals or families to implement, monitor and review plans
- Develop strategies for effective integrated case management and coordination
- Reflect on your current case management practice and develop an action plan to continue to enhance your personal and team case management skills
Who should attend: Case managers and support workers.
Register (scroll down to Penrith dates and click on Enrol Now)